Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Asian Salad With Teriyaki Salmon And Apricot Vinaigrette
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- asian, japanese, dinner, dairy free, main-dish, salad, easter, memorial day
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) apricot halves in extra-light syrup, drained (1/3 cup syrup reserved)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 pound salmon fillet, pin bones removed
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 head (about 1 1/2 pounds) bok choy, cleaned and cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 bag (9 ounces) cleaned baby spinach or spring greens
- 1 red pepper, seeded, cored, cut in thin strips
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 24 snow pea pods, cut in thirds
- 1/2 cup canned, sliced water chestnuts, cut in strips
- 6 slices candied ginger, finely diced
- To make the dressing, purée all of the dressing ingredients, including the reserved 1/3 cup syrup, in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Coat the salmon with teriyaki sauce and spray oil, and grill about 5 minutes per side over a medium-hot direct fire until the fish flakes to gently pressure. Set aside.
- Toss all the salad ingredients in a large bowl with 1 cup dressing.
- Divide salad among 6 plates and top with a portion of salmon and a spoonful of the remaining dressing.