Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Baked Garlic Cheese Curds On Field Greens With Smoky-Tomato Vinaigrette
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- lunch, vegetarian, salad, memorial day
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) low-fat cottage cheese, preferably large curd
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic-flavored oil
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup canned, crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, jarred or fresh
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 ounces field greens or other European lettuce blend
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Drain the cottage cheese in a large strainer, running cold water over it until only the curds remain.
- Drain well and toss on a rimmed sheet pan with the garlic oil and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- The curds will have firmed slightly and will have released more liquid.
- Cool completely and drain.
- To make the dressing whisk all of the dressing ingredients together.
- Combine the lettuces, mushrooms, curds, roasted red pepper and red onion in a large bowl.
- Toss with the dressing and scatter pine nuts over top.