Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Broiled Salmon With Olive Tomato Vinaigrette
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dinner, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, salad, memorial day
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 can (3 ounces) green olives stuffed with pimentos, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup canned tomato paste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 pounds salmon fillet, with skin
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Non-stick olive oil spray
- Mix black and green olives, tomato paste, olive oil, wine vinegar, lemon juice and water.
- Set aside; store in refrigerator if kept longer than 4 hours.
- Heat broiler; position oven rack so salmon will be 5 to 6 inches from heat.
- Season flesh-side of salmon with seasoning, and spray liberally with oil.
- Spray broiler pan lightly with olive oil or use foil to minimize cleanup.
- Start fish flesh-side down; grill until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Broil, turning once, until fish flakes under gentle pressure.
- Depending on the thickness of the fillet, this will take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Slip spatula between skin and flesh of fish.
- Lift fish onto a cutting board or serving platter; if skin sticks to broiler pan, it can be scraped off later.
- Spoon olive sauce over salmon and serve.