Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- caribbean, lunch, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, salad, labor day
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken in water, thoroughly drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, thoroughly drained
- 1/2 cup drained, canned water chestnuts, quartered
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced gingeroot
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 papayas or 2 small melons, halved and seeded Lime or lemon wedges
- Toss the chicken, pineapple, water chestnuts and green onions.
- Mix the mayonnaise, ginger, lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Toss with the chicken mixture.
- Cut a thin slice from bottom of each fruit half to make a flat surface for plating; place halves on 4 serving plates.
- Mound the chicken salad in the fruit halves.
- Serve with lime or lemon wedges.