Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- southern, dairy free, gluten free, nut free, vegan, vegetarian
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) soybeans, drained or 1 1/2 cups cooked edamame
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine the balsamic and cider vinegars, brown sugar, cumin, onion powder and garlic in a 1- to 1 1/2-quart saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat about 3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Place the soybeans, corn and red bell pepper in a medium-size bowl.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables and stir to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours or until chilled, stirring once.
- Stir in the cilantro just before serving.
- Serve chilled.