Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- asian, dairy free, nut free
- 1 can (16 ounces) pear slices in juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups packed spinach leaves, torn (approximately 5 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Drain the pears, reserving the liquid.
- Combine the reserved pear liquid, wine, soy sauce, cornstarch and thyme in a small bowl; mix until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet; add the chicken breasts and brown well on both sides.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and saute until tender; add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and add to the skillet; stir until lightly thickened.
- Return the chicken to pan; cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the pear slices to skillet.
- Place the spinach on top of pears and chicken in skillet; cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Serve at once.