Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Chicken Pesto Pizza With Roasted Red Peppers And Asparagus
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- italian, lunch, nut free, main-dish, memorial day
- 1 can (10 ounces) premium white-meat chicken, packed in water, drained
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce, divided
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 cup fresh,1-inch pieces asparagus, cut in 1-inch pieces or 1 cup canned, cut asparagus, drained
- 1 cup chopped, fresh red bell peppers (roasted*) or 1 cup canned, roasted red bell peppers , drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Brown chicken with onion and garlic in olive oil in a medium, non-stick skillet.
- Remove from heat; blend with 2 tablespoons pesto sauce; set aside.
- Lightly coat a 9x12-inch baking sheet or a 14-inch pizza stone with vegetable oil spray.
- Press or roll dough onto baking sheet or pizza stone to desired thickness.
- Spread remaining 2 tablespoons pesto sauce over dough, leaving a 1-inch edge.
- Arrange chicken mixture, asparagus and roasted red peppers on top.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until cheeses melt and crust is lightly browned.
- *To roast peppers, cut them in quarters and remove membranes and seeds.
- Broil peppers skin side up on a baking sheet until skins are blackened.
- Remove from oven, place in a paper bag, close bag, and let peppers sweat for about 15 minutes until skins come loose.
- Cool, then remove peel.