Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dairy free, sugar free
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef*
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) less-sodium chili with beef*
- 2 medium apples, cored and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins 2 tablespoons canned green olives, chopped
- 1 to 2 canned jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted**
- Brown ground beef in a medium skillet, breaking up the meat as it browns; drain any fat.
- Add chili, apples, raisins, olives, jalapeño peppers, oregano, cinnamon and cloves.
- Cover; simmer for 15 to 20 minutes to blend the flavors.
- To serve, ladle into bowls; top with toasted almonds.