Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Chili Stuffed Flank Steak
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dinner, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, main-dish, fathers day
- 1 1/4 pounds lean flank steak (about 1/2-inch thick), pocket cut
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chili with beans, drained
- 1/4 cup canned diced green chilies
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup low sodium barbecue sauce
- Rub a clean grill with oil.
- Heat to high heat.
- Place the flank steak on a sheet of heavy duty foil and fill the pocket of the flank steak with chili and diced chilies.
- Secure the opening of the flank steak with a skewer.
- Rub the surface of the steak with a thin film of oil (about 2 teaspoons) and season with the chili powder.
- Put the steak on the grill, cover, and grill to medium-rare, about 8 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Coat the flank steak with barbecue sauce and grill another minute on each side.
- Remove skewer, and cut flank steak in thin slices against the grain and serve.