Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Chopped Salad With Cilantro-Cumin Dressing
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- lunch, dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, vegan, vegetarian, salad, mothers' day
- 1 can (16 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mild green chiles, chopped, undrained
- 1 cup thinly- sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly- sliced green onions
- 1 red medium bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Romaine lettuce leaves, for garnish
- Combine the beans, corn, chiles, =, celery, green onions, bell pepper and cilantro in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar and cumin in a separate smaller bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Let stand 15 minutes to blend the flavors, or refrigerate up to 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, spoon the salad onto a bed of lettuce or greens.