Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Cran-Cherry Plasma Transfusion
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dairy free, nut free, beverage, cocktail, memorial day
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) dark, sweet pitted cherries in light syrup
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail in juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 6 zipper-lock plastic quart-size freezer bags
- 6 drinking straws, twisted or flexible
- 6 shower curtain rings
- Puree the cherries and fruit cocktail, with their liquids, in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Mix in the cranberry juice cocktail and refrigerate until chilled.
- To prepare the "transfusion bags," punch a hole with a hole-punch in the corner of one layer of a zipper-lock sandwich bag just below the zipper.
- Insert a twisted or flexible straw in the hole and punch another hole in the same corner of the bag through both layers, just above the zipper.
- Thread a shower curtain ring through that hole.
- Repeat with remaining bags, straws and shower curtain rings.
- To serve, pour 1 cup of the cranberry-cherry mixture into each bag and seal.
- Hang by the shower curtain rings on hooks.
- Guests can hold their drink by the ring and sip through the straw.