Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, vegan, vegetarian
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail in juice, drained, reserved juice
- 1 box (6 ounces) orange or any flavor JELL-O gelatin dessert
- Add enough water to the drained juice to equal 1 1/4 cups, and bring to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat, and immediately stir in JELL-O gelatin until completely dissolved, about 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Line 4 six-inch paper plates with plastic wrap.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the prepared gelatin onto each plate and put in the freezer in a level place for 5 minutes (no longer) until firm. (Note: this can also be done in the refrigerator, but will take longer to get firm.)
- Arrange fruit pieces on each plate in the form of a face.
- Spoon the remaining gelatin over the fruit and place in a refrigerator in a level place until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- To serve invert, remove plate and plastic wrap and invert back onto plate.