Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Ginger Mango-Pineapple Crisp In A Crunchy Wonton
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- asian, chinese, vegetarian, appetizer, chinese new year, memorial day
- Vegetable oil spray
- 24 (3 1/2-inch square) wonton wrappers
- 1 can (15 ounces) mangoes, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped and toasted
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter or margarine
- Edible flowers for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 12-muffin tin with the cooking spray.
- Press 2 wonton wrappers into each cup in the muffin tin.
- Fill each wonton cup with mango and pineapple, to 3/4 full.
- Combine the nuts, flour, ginger, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter or margarine to the nut-flour mixture; cut it into the dry ingredients using a pastry cutter (or use two knives, cutting through the mixture at cross angles) to make coarse crumbs.
- Top the fruit with the nut-flour-butter mixture.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown, or just bubbling.