Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Green Salad With Posole And Creamy Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- latin, mexican, lunch, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, vegetarian, salad, cinco de mayo
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup canned, diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 1 clove garlic, halved Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 bag (9 ounces each) romaine lettuce mix or 1 pound romaine lettuce, cleaned of damaged leaves, cored, washed, and broken in bite-size pieces
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and broken in bite-size pieces
- 36 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) posole (whole hominy), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 3 scallions (green onions), trimmed and sliced
- 1/3 cup canned, sliced ripe olives
- To make the dressing purée all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Toss the romaine, radicchio, tomatoes, posole, carrot, scallions, and olives in a large salad bowl.
- Toss with the dressing and serve.