Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Grilled Salmon With Olive Tomato Vinaigrette
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dinner, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, main-dish, salad, labor day, memorial day
- 1 can (2 1/4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 can (3 ounces) green olives stuffed with pimentos, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup canned tomato paste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 pounds salmon fillet, with skin
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (oregano and basil)
- Non-stick olive oil spray
- Mix the green and black olives, tomato paste, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and water.
- Set aside; store in the refrigerator if kept longer than 4 hours.
- Heat grill to high.
- Season the flesh side of the salmon with Italian seasoning and spray liberally with olive oil.
- Spray the rack of the grill with oil and grill the fish flesh-side down until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Flip with a wide, long-handled spatula and grill until the fish flakes to gentle pressure.
- Depending on the thickness of the fillet this will take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Slip the spatula between the skin and the flesh.
- Lift the fish onto a cutting board or serving platter; the skin will stick to the grill (it can be scraped off later).
- Spoon the olive sauce over the salmon and serve.