Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Harvest Pumpkin Pineapple Loaf
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- hawaiian, breakfast, nut free, vegetarian, brunch, halloween, memorial day
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups sugar 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (8 1/4 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice (juice reserved)
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt Confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray two, 8 1/2x4-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Beat sugar and butter in a bowl until blended.
- Add pumpkin, pineapple and eggs; beat well.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a separate bowl; stir into the pumpkin mixture, mixing until the dry ingredients are completely moistened.
- Divide batter between the prepared pans; spread evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.