Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- irish, lunch, gluten free, nut free, soups
- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk or half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded corned beef
- 3/4 cup canned sauerkraut
- 1 cup shredded
- Swiss cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring beef and chicken broths, celery, onion and green pepper to a boil in a heavy saucepan; reduce heat.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the milk.
- Stir into soup and simmer until soup thickens.
- Add corned beef and sauerkraut; heat through.
- Stir in cheese just until melted.
- Do not allow to boil; season with pepper.