Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, vegan, vegetarian
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 cup minced chourio or linguia sausage (see Note)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 cups water Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can (16 ounce) butterbeans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; add the onion and sausage and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and paprika and continue to cook for 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and the sausage is cooked.
- Add the water, salt, pepper and bay leaves; cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the beans and rice and stir to make sure that all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 35 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Remove the bay leaves.