Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dairy free, gluten free, nut free, vegetarian, rosh hashanah
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup canned, no-salt-added, petit-cut, diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) no-salt-added, sliced carrots, drained
- 1 teaspoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped, flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add cumin, paprika and honey and mix to combine.
- Toss in the tomatoes and carrots and stir gently until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Serve immediately as a side dish or appetizer with flatbread for scooping.