Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Munchable Mini-Burgers With Flavorful Fruit Dips
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- Cook Time
- 8 minutes
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- american, lunch, dairy free, nut free, snacks, memorial day
Sweet Tomato Dip:
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Tangy Peach Dip:
- 1 can (15 ounces) peaches in juice, drained
- 2 teaspoons mustard, yellow or brown
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 can (8 ounces) apricot halves, in light syrup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, light or regular
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet potatoes (or yams) in syrup drained
- 1 tablespoon canned tomato paste
- 1 pound ground turkey or lean beef
- Spray vegetable oil
- 1 roll (7.5 ounces) refrigerated, lower-fat buttermilk biscuits, baked to package directions
Any of the Dips:
- Purée the canned ingredients in a food processor, blender or immersion blender and mix in remaining ingredients; set aside.
- Mash sweet potatoes and tomato paste in medium mixing bowl with a fork.
- Mix in the ground turkey or beef until thoroughly blended.
- Portion in 1/4-cup portions and form into 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick burgers, about 3-inches across.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and spray with oil.
- Cook burgers covered until no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes per side.
- The internal temperature of the patties should be 165°F.
- Split biscuits horizontally and make sandwiches with burgers.