Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dairy free, nut free, sugar free, appetizer
- 1 can (about 5 ounces) lean ham minced
- Sevilla Green Olives (recipe on mealtime.org), with bay leaves removed, use entire yield
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1 pound frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the ham, olives, hard-cooked eggs and oregano.
- Working with one sheet of puff pastry at a time, roll the pastry to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut into 3-inch circles; brush with egg-water wash and place 2 teaspoons of the filling in each circle.
- Fold into semi-circles and push to seal.
- Crimp the edges with a fork, and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes
- Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.