Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Peach And Cranberry Praline Cornbread Stuffing
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- southern, dairy free, brunch, memorial day, thanksgiving
- 1 pound corn bread, crumbled (makes 5 cups crumbs)
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained and diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pecan pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the crumbled corn bread, peaches and pecan pieces on a large sheet pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cornbread is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Sauté the onion and celery until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the poultry seasoning and rosemary and sauté another 30 seconds.
- Add the cranberries, brown sugar and broth, and stir until the sugar dissolves and the liquid is boiling.
- Combine with the toasted corn bread mixture, blending until all of the corn bread has been moistened.
- Mix in the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use to stuff turkey or heat in a casserole dish 30 minutes before serving.