Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- latin, mexican, texmex, dairy free, gluten free, nut free, sugar free, vegan, vegetarian, snacks, labor day, memorial day
- 1 slice onion, about 1/2-inch thick, cut in chunks
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 canned jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded and halved
- 2 large, ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cut in chunks
- 1 cup canned, crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine onion, garlic and jalapeño in the work bowl of a food processor, equipped with a knife blade, and chop finely.
- Add avocado, 2/3 of the crushed pineapple, lemon juice and salt, and process into a coarse purée.
- Scrape the guacamole into a serving bowl and mix in the remaining crushed pineapple.
- Serve with chips or vegetables for dipping.