Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dairy free, nut free, sugar free, vegan, vegetarian
- 8 ounces pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces portabella mushroom caps, sliced thick
- 1 can (4-ounce) chopped mild green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the portabellas, green chilies, onions, and red pepper; cook and stir until the vegetables are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the marinara sauce, and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce; serve immediately.