Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Pumpkin Sweet Potato Coconut Pie
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- american, vegetarian, brunch, thanksgiving
- 1 can (15 ounces) cut sweet potatoes in syrup, reserve 1/4 cup syrup, drain remainder
- 1 can (15 ounces) 100% pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large or extra large eggs, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 prepared, refrigerated single-crust piecrust
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sweet potatoes, reserved syrup, coconut milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, melted butter, 2 eggs, cinnamon, ginger and allspice in the work bowl of a food processor.
- Process in pulses until completely smooth, about 1 minute.
- Line a pie plate with prepared crust and crimp the edges. Note that you will have to roll the crust to be about 1 inch bigger all around if using a 9 1/2-inch pie plate.
- Fill crust with the filling and even the surface.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining egg, coconut, corn syrup and vanilla in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Spread over the surface of the baked filling.
- Return to the oven and bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes, until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 1 hour before serving.