Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Red Flannel Hash Napoleons
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dairy free, nut free, sugar free
- 12 ounces puff pastry*
- 3 slices smoked bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 1/2 cups canned, sliced grade
- A fancy beets, drained
- 3 cups canned corned beef hash
- Vegetable oil, as needed
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out puff pastry 3/8-inch thick; cut into 9, 3-inch circles*.
- Place circles on parchment-lined baking sheet, one-inch apart.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Cool; cut in half horizontally to make 18 thinner circles.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp; remove with slotted spoon, leaving bacon drippings in the pan.
- Set bacon aside on paper towel to drain.
- Add onions to pan; sauté until golden brown.
- Add reserved bacon to onions.
- Remove half the onion mixture; reserve.
- Add beats to onion mixture remaining in pan and heat thoroughly.
- Keep warm.
- In a separate large skillet, combine hash and reserved onion mixture.
- Brown over medium heat, adding oil as needed.
- For each serving, place 1 puff pastry circle on plate; top with a heaping tablespoon of hash and 2 to 3 beet slices.
- Repeat layers, ending with a third puff pastry circle.
- Garnish plate with a few beet slices.