Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- american, dinner, nut free, main-dish, memorial day
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 package (5.2 oz) herbed cream cheese, such as Boursin, room temperature
- 1 can (14.5 oz) spinach drained
- 1 can (14.75 oz) pink salmon, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat a 9 1/2-inch pie plate with a little vegetable oil (about 1 teaspoon).
- Spread the couscous over the bottom of the dish and pour 1 cup boiling water over top.
- Stir to moisten and spread in an even layer.
- Spoon the herbed cream cheese in small spoonfuls over the couscous, leaving 1/4 inch border all around. Scatter the spinach and salmon over top of the cream cheese, and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and the pie is hot through.
- Cut in wedges and serve.