Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- latin, mexican, dairy free, nut free, sugar free
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- 1 cup canned, red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
- 10 (6-inch) corn tortillas, heated according to package directions, kept warm
- 3/4 cup finely shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely diced tomato
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, chopping and turning often, about 5 minutes, until beef is cooked through.
- Add the sloppy joe sauce, kidney beans, and corn and heat through, about 3 minutes.
- To serve, place a tortilla in a small soup bowl and ladle half cup of the Sloppy José mixture in the center.
- Top with shredded lettuce and chopped tomato.