Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Smoky Southwest Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- texmex, dinner, lunch, nut free, soups, christmas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 cup canned, sliced carrots, drained
- 2 cans (3 ounces each) premium chunk chicken breast in water, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch ground chipotle chile
- 1 cup shredded, pepper jack cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup evaporated fat-free canned milk or heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; add onion and celery.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in soup and broth. Add rice, carrots, chicken, chili powder, cumin, chipotle chile and 3/4 cup cheese; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors; stir in evaporated milk and chopped cilantro.
- Garnish with remaining cheese and cilantro sprigs.