Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Spicy Eggs Rancheros Recimeal
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- nut free, vegetarian
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup canned fat-free refried beans, warmed
- Stack tortillas; wrap in foil.
- Heat at 350°F for 10 minutes until warm.
- In a medium, non-stick skillet, cook and stir onion and garlic in 2 teaspoons oil until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add tomatoes and chili powder.
- Reduce heat to simmer; cook uncovered for about 8 to 10 minutes until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Keep warm. In a separate large, non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Crack eggs, keeping the yolks intact and slipping each one gently into the skillet.
- Cook covered until whites and yolks are set and cooked through.
- Arrange a warm tortilla on each plate.
- Put a cooked egg on each tortilla.
- Top with tomato-onion sauce.
- Top with avocado, cheese and cilantro.
- Serve with lettuce and refried beans.