Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Stuffed Chile Cheeseburger With Warm-Tomato Relish
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- american, dinner, nut free, main-dish, labor day, memorial day
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, no-salt added, drained
- 1/4 cup sugar 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced, mild green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded, reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup canned, sliced black olives, drained
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Combine the tomatoes, sugar, cornstarch and cumin in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the vinegar.
- Keep warm.
- Combine the chiles, cheese and olives in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine the beef, pepper and salt in a separate bowl, mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape beef into 8 (4-inch) thick patties.
- Place 1/4 cup of the chile-cheese mixture in the center of 4 of the patties.
- Place one of the remaining patties on top of the mixture-topped patties.
- Press the edges tightly together to seal.
- Grill the patties over medium-hot coals for 8 to 10 minutes or until the burgers are cooked to the desired doneness, turning once.
- The internal temperature of the patties should be 160°F.
- Place one burger on each of four lettuce-lined, if desired, bun halves.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the warm-tomato relish mixture on each burger; top with remaining bun halves and serve.