Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- hawaiian, lunch, dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian, main-dish, New Year's, memorial day
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves or sliced peaches, in light syrup or juice, drained, reserving ¼ cup syrup or juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pears, in light syrup or juice, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, in light syrup or juice, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) Mandarin oranges, in syrup, drained
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed and stemmed
- 2 bunches mint, for garnish
- Optional: dips, nuts, coconut*
- Thread one of each type of the fruit onto an 8-inch bamboo skewer, or make mini-kebabs by threading 2 or 3 pieces of fruit on sturdy wooden toothpicks.
- Refrigerate, covered until ready to serve, for up to 4 hours.
- Serve the fruit kebabs on a platter, lined with mint, and with dips, nuts, and coconut, if desired
- Make a dipping sauce by whisking 1 cup (8 ounces) strawberry whipped cream cheese with ¼ cup reserved peach or apricot syrup or juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve canned chocolate syrup as another dipping sauce.
- Serve canned sweetened coconut and chopped toasted nuts as garnishes. Tip: Coconut can be toasted in a dry skillet set over medium heat; stir continuously for about 3 minutes until golden and fragrant.