Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Tomato And Avocado Salad With Green Empress Dressing
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- lunch, gluten free, nut free, vegetarian, salad, easter, memorial day
- 1 can (8.5 ounces) sweet peas, drained
- 1 cup fresh herb leaves (parsley, chive, basil and/or mint)
- 2 scallions, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white, distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper Kosher salt, to taste*
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, each cut in 6 slices
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled, each cut in 9 wedges
- 12 ounces low-fat, mozzarella, halved and cut in 18 slices
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon cut in 6 wedges
- To make the dressing purée, all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Alternate the tomato slices, avocado wedges and mozzarella slices on a serving platter or 6 individual plates.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle half the dressing over top and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve the remaining dressing on the side.