Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- latin, mexican, spanish, dinner, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, main-dish, New Year's, cinco de mayo
- 1 can (6 ounces) albacore tuna in water, drained, flaked
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 cup canned, diced tomatoes with green chilies, slightly drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 (6-inch) wheat tortillas
- 1 small avocado, peeled, stone removed, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced in rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Cover tuna with lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, olive oil, oregano and pepper.
- Gently mix with tuna; chill for 30 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Crisp wheat tortillas on a baking pan in a 375°F oven for 7 to 10 minutes.
- To serve, arrange tuna mixture on crisp tortillas.
- Top with avocado slices and onion.
- Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs.