Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- Cook Time
- 18 minutes
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- american, breakfast, brunch, dessert, fingerfood, snacks
- 2 cups (500 mL) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) wheat bran
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) molasses
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lime zest
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) drained, chopped, canned peaches, packed in 100% juice or water
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) drained, canned pineapple tidbits, packed in 100% juice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsweetened dried, shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) raisins
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened dried, shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) melted better
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 18 standard muffin cups with paper liners. In a large bowl, whisk flour with bran, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk milk with oil, molasses, eggs and lime zest until combined.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just moistened. Fold in peaches, pineapple, coconut and raisins. Scoop into muffin cups.
- Coconut Topping: Mix coconut with brown sugar and melted butter. Sprinkle evenly over top muffins.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes