Canned Food Recipes
« Back to Search Results
Vegetarian Brown Rice Casserole
Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- dinner, gluten free, nut free, vegetarian, main-dish, sides
- 1 can (19 oz) ready-to-serve lentil soup
- 1 package (about 9 oz) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 1 can (7.75 oz) unsalted mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 large or 2 small canned roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Combine soup, rice, mixed vegetables, peppers and 6 tablespoons of the cheddar cheese in a 2-quart, microwave-safe casserole or baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and level the top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese.
- Cover and cook in a microwave oven at full power until heated through and the cheese on top melts, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover and cool for 1 minute before serving.