Cherry-Cocoa Power Smoothie
Cuisine American Category Blog Breakfast Contemporary Recipes
1 1/2 Cup
Recipe by Jackie Newgent, RDN, CDN
- 1 medium banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 13 jarred pitted Bordeaux cherries, stems removed, drained, plus 1 cherry for garnish
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla unsweetened organic soymilk or dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chia or flax seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Add all ingredients expect the cherry garnish to a blender, puree on high speed until thick and creamy, at least 2 minutes. Pour into a chilled glass.
- 2. Slit the bottom of the remaining cherry and insert onto the glass rim to garnish. Does double-duty as a dessert or post-workout smoothie!