We love this recipe developed by A Tasty Mess! It has just a handful of our favorite ingredients and tastes amazing! Make it once and you’ll definitely want to keep canned beets and chickpeas in your pantry.
Take classic hummus up a notch with this tasty, vibrant beet hummus! This recipe has the refreshing flavor of hummus and beets, mixed with a kick of lemon and garlic. Perfect for veggies, chips or even as a spread!
- 2 15-oz. cans of chickpeas
- 1 15-oz. can cut or whole beets, drained (about 8.5 oz)
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 ½ lemons)
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. tahini paste
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Cumin, to garnish
- Strain one can of chickpeas and set aside.
- Combine half of the first can of drained chickpeas with the whole second can, and warm in their liquid in a small saucepan. Once they come to a gentle simmer, strain out the chickpea juice and blend in a food processor while still warm into a fine puree.
- Add in the beets and continue to blend until smooth.
- Next, add the tahini, followed by the garlic, lemon juice, and salt. Pulse again until combined. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Serve garnished with the rest of the chickpeas, a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of cumin if desired.