Shrimp & Peach Skewers
Cuisine Contemporary Category Contemporary Recipes
- 1 can sliced California cling peaches
- 1 cup chopped mint or basil leaves, about 1 bunch
- 2 small jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- black pepper to taste
- 30 extra large shrimp, cooked and peeled
- salt to taste
- medium-size skewers
- 1. Drain peaches in a sieve set over a bowl. Meanwhile, finely chop herbs. Slice jalapeno in half and remove seeds if you don’t like your food too spicy. Finely mince jalapeno. Place in a medium bowl along with basil. Add lime juice, fish sauce and pepper. Stir to combine.
- 2. Add well drained peaches and shrimp to herb mixture. Stir to coat. Let stand 30 minutes. Thread onto skewers. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Serve at room temperature with marinade spooned over top or warm over a medium grill basting with marinade.